The EdTech Coach Podcast

Sunday, May 24, 2020

How An EdTech Coach Can Use Wakelet


One of my favorite tech tools is Wakelet.  Wakelet is a fantastic curation tool that has a multitude of uses.  And, it is especially handy if you’re a technology coach and want to curate information for your staff. As a technology coach, I not only want to show teachers how to effectively use technology in their classrooms, but I also want to curate resources for them.  I want to save them the trouble of searching for how-to videos or guides about certain apps.  I simply want them to access a multitude of ed-tech information with a couple of clicks.  That’s where Wakelet comes in. 


For those not in the know, Wakelet is a fantastic curation tool that has many uses in the classroom.  For an education coach, it’s a great way to save and curate information for your staff.


As an edtech coach, I’m constantly combing through edtech blogs, Pinterest, Twitter, and other sites to find the latest and greatest technology that teachers can use in the classroom. Not only that, but I’m also always looking for new and innovative ways to use current technology in the classroom. If there’s a new feature to an edtech app, I want to know about it so I can share it with the staff.


That’s why Wakelet is such a great tool. It allows me to save the information and categorize it for the staff.


How I use Wakelet: 


  1. A department-specific Wakelet. I save content specific (English, Science, etc) lesson ideas in each Wakelet. That is, how specific tools can be used in that discipline. I then share it with each department.


  1. An edtech blog Wakelet.  I scour the internet for resourceful blogs and include them in the Wakelet. If a staff member wants to take in a little professional development, they can simply choose from the list of blogs in the Wakelet.


  1. A Twitter Wakelet. Many tweets contain tips and information on apps and the edtech world in general. A great way for the staff to stay up do date on the latest in edtech.


  1. A podcast Wakelet. I curated a list of some great edtech podcasts and shared them with the staff. 


  1.  A YouTube Wakelet. A curation of edtech video how to’s, lesson ideas, and information on the world of edtech.


  1. A staff Wakelet. In this Wakelet, I include best practices and lesson ideas from fellow staff members. A great way for the staff to share lesson ideas with each other.

  2. App specific Wakelet. I focus on certain apps and insert how-to videos and examples of how that particular app can be used in the classroom. For example, a Pear Deck Wakelet that features how to use the app, its features, and examples of its use.





No comments:

Post a Comment